We’re excited to announce Crawley STEMfest will be going virtual for the first time ever taking place between the 12th and 26th November!
Throughout the duration, you’ll have the flexibility to timetable a variety of funded STEM careers activities and practical workshops for subject lessons, tutorial time, PSHE, STEM Clubs & homework.
Helpful links to access and use the event:
– An interactive careers exhibition featuring pre-recorded content from STEM employers where you can discover the vast variety of jobs in the STEM sector and discover information about their corresponding career routes.
– What’s My Job? STEM Ambassadors careers games, designed to illustrate the variety of STEM careers and enable safe and light hearted engagement with STEM professionals.
– Engage in ‘Desert Island Risk’, which involves watching a selection of STEM professionals describing their skills and the equipment they use in their jobs.
– Practical workshop activities, enabling students to try practical activities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics using simple every day items.
– All virtual activities are supported with downloadable worksheets and designed to take no more that 45mins to complete.
– Science presenter Jon Chase will be providing two pre-recorded shows; ‘The Splendiferous Science of Roald Dahl’ (suitable for primary and families) and the ‘Science Rapper’s guide to the solar system’ (suitable for all ages and families).